There is one vacancy available at present.
Please check back soon or use the information on the 'contact us' page and give us a call.
Assistant Buyer - Thame, Oxfordshire, UK
Due to continuing growth, we are looking for a purchasing assistant to support the Buyer in the day to day running of the purchasing department. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build on existing relationships with suppliers and work off their own initiative with a desire to learn.
- Running re-order reports.
- Raising and processing purchase orders.
- Processing stock requisitions received and consolidating with other orders where possible.
- Liaise with suppliers for acknowledgements/delivery dates. Relay this information to other internal departments.
- Inputting invoices and tying up with corresponding orders.
- Liaise with accounts and suppliers to resolve all invoicing queries in a timely manner.
- Reporting to suppliers all short shipments or damaged deliveries.
- Maintaining stationary stock levels and liaising with representatives to ensure best pricing is achieved.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Word and Excel
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills
- The ability to plan and prioritise work load
- GCSE English and Maths A-C preferred
- A level(s) or equivalent preferred.
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Apply for this Position
Working Hours: 37 ½
Holiday entitlement: 20 days + 1 extra day for each additional year worked (up to a maximum of 5 extra days).
Argosy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status or disability.
We are also WEEE compliant