The Cardinal dual input iMDU with 12 independent outputs. If input 1 fails the unit automatically connects input 2 to the 12 outputs. It can be configured to send SNMP traps and email alarms when faults occur, including loss of input mains power and blown fuses. It includes an error log.
Dual input. The dual input enables main and back up power sources to be connected to a single Cardinal unit. Switching to the back up input supply is automatic on power fail of the main source. The changeover system allows non phase inputs to be switched up to 650V.
Automatic power shedding. If a back up power supply is selected, it may be necessary to switch off non-critical equipment by shedding a number of iMDU outputs. Power shedding is configured for automatic operation in the iMDU configuration page.
Sequential power on/off. All outlets are individually switched enabling sequential switching to prevent an excessive current surge on start-up and an orderly power-down when shedding outputs. This does not apply to fail safe models, where outputs are ON at power up.
Network interface. The dB Cardinal intelligent mains distribution unit provides fully featured web and SNMP interfaces giving easy access to sophisticated remote control and configuration facilities.
Email/SNMP alerts. The Cardinal range can be configured to provide email and SNMP alerts for various conditions including; loss of input mains power, blown fuses, output status changing (i.e. relay on or off).
Power-off fault alerts. On loss of mains input capacitors sustain the microcontroller sufficiently (around 10 seconds) to record the fault and send SNMP traps and/or emails to alert the management system of the loss.
Logging. As well as error logging the iMDU records five days of the following:
• Peak input voltage per input
• Minimum input voltage per input
Fail safe. Fail safe ensures that all outputs are ON at power up. If the control system were to fail, all outputs remain ON and can no longer be controlled.
Temperature and Humidity sensing. An optional temperature and humidity sensor can be fitted either integral or added remotely for environmental monitoring at any position within the equipment bay.
General purpose inputs. Each iMDU includes 8 general purpose inputs for connection of alarms from other equipment. These alarms can be reported in the same way as those for the iMDU.
Thermal breaker. The front panel on-off switch acts as a thermal breaker set to operate when a load of approximately 12A occurs.
• Connector: 2 Neutrik powerCON inlets
• Voltage: 230V +/- 10%
• LEDs: Dual I/P: Supply Active/Available LEDs per I/P (green)
• Connector: 12 x IEC sockets on the rear panel
• Fuse rating: T6.3 A per output
• Total load: Up to 12A at 230V
• LEDs: 2 per output for “on/off” (green) and “fuse blown” (red)
• Network: Ethernet RJ45
• Serial: RS232 via 6 way RJ11 Modular Jack
• GPI I/O: 26 way ‘D’ type. 16 inputs and 2 dry contact outputs
• LEDs: Network Activity and Link (yellow)
• Height: 44mm (1RU) bay mounted unit
• Width: 483mm (standard 19˝ rack)
• Depth: 380mm (including tie bar)
• Switch: Front panel switch is also an over-current circuit breaker
• Tie Bar: At the rear for cable retention
• Weight: 2.9 Kg
• Operating temperature: 5°C to 40°C non-condensing
• Storage Temperature: 0°C to 80°C