Argosy Components Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with:
The Data Protection Act 1998
General Data Protection Regulation 2018
We collect information about you to process your order successfully and to provide you with the best possible service. The only information we collect is the information that you enter when you register or place an order with us.
We will not collect any other data about you without your knowledge, Information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the above laws.
Argosy's policy is to store your personal data for six years from the point of last use, unless there is an explicit legal requirement to retain it for a longer period.
Argosy will ensure that any deletion, suspension request or request for your information to be disclosed to you or a third party that you initiate is actioned as soon as possible unless there is an explicit legal requirement that prevents us from doing so.
Your personal details are held by Argosy and are never shared with other organisations without your knowledge. Personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your personal information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first and never to a country that lacks sufficient data protection standards.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to share limited details about an order with a supplier to comply with British or European law, or the law of the county where the supplier is located. This is usually to prove that we are not acting as an intermediary to circumvent export restrictions or embargoes.
- The information that we report is:
- Shipping Date (Year and Month Only)
- Invoice Date
- Destination Country
- Argosy's Supplying Warehouse
- Name of the Receiving Company
- Supplier's Part Number For The Item
- Argosy's Part Number For The Item
- Description of the Item
- Quantity To Be Shipped
- Unit of Measure
- Cost per UOM
- Total Cost of Goods Sold
- Argosy's Work Order Number - If Item Is A Component Of An Argosy Product
Your RIghts and Personal Data
You have the following rights that we will respect:
- The right to request a copy of any personal data that Argosy holds about you;
- The right to request that Argosy correct any personal data if it is found to be wrong;
- The right to request your personal data be erased when it is no longer necessary for Argosy to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to Argosy’s use of your information;
- The right to request that Argosy provide you with your personal data in electronic format;
- The right to ask Argosy to stop using your data until any dispute around data accuracy is resolved; and Additional information on your personal rights can be obtained from the German Data Protection Authority (DPA), the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office or the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Whilst we may e-mail you using your supplied e-mail address for queries about your order or for order confirmation, we will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent.
When you register, there is an option to choose not to receive any marketing e-mails from us, and if you change your mind at any point you can change your preference either way simply by logging in to your account and editing your details or you can e-mail or telephone us on +44(0)1844 202101 and we can change it for you.
We use Google Analytics to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site, but this is done completely anonymously and enables us to make improvements to the design of the site as we monitor the effectiveness of any marketing or trade shows
We use WhosOn webchat to allow a convenient point of communication with our tech-support and sales staff, this service also reports to the operator the previous pages that the customer to whom they chatting has visited. This allows the staff member to provide better support and enable the staff member to proactively highlight any problems that the customer may have. This data is absolutely never shared with anyone outside of the company and is never used to drive any kind of marketing.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at pri[email protected] and we shall respond as soon as possible.
Personal Data Collected
Source Personal Data Reason Storage Access Disposal
The subject is over 13
Mission critical data
How was this data collected? What data are you collecting? Why are you collecting this data? How is the data stored who has access to the data When is this data disposed?
Website Registration Form [Customer Details]
ERP & CRM systems
Warehouse (if shipping),
Drivers (if shipping),
Chamber of Commerce,
6 years after last use X X X