Manufactured by Belden, the 179DT miniature HD video cable has been designed primarily for use in OB trucks and flyaway kits, where it forms an essential part of a short run HDTV circuit.
As weight and space are key requirements in these settings, the flexibility of this coaxial 75 ohm cable really shines through. It can be cut to length in any multiple of 1 metre and has a reel length of 305 metres.
A plain copper inner conductor and tinned copper outer conductor converge to achieve optimum performance, and are separated by a Foam HDPE, 1.42mm OD dielectric. Further protection is provided by a yellow PVC sheath.
- Conductor 0.31mm (28.5AWG) solid bare copper
- Insulation 1.42mm Gas-injected FHDPE - Foam High Density Polyethelene
- Inner Shield 100% Aluminium Foil-Polyester
- Outer Shield 95% tinned copper braid
- Jacket 2.54mm PVC
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +75°C
- UL Temperature Rating 75°C
- Max. Recommended Pulling Tension 80.068N
- Min. Bending Radius 25.4mm
- RGType 179/U
- Impedance 75Ohms
- Inductance 0.347786μH/m
- Capacitance 57.0894pF/m
- Velocity of Propagation 77%
- Nominal Delay 4.33092ns/m
- Nom. Conductor DC resistance 354.348Ohm/Km
- Nom. Outer Shield DC resistance 29.2009Ohm/Km
- Maximum Operating Voltage 300V RMS
- Min. Return Loss 5MHz - 1600MHz 23dB
- Min. Return Loss 1600MHz - 4500MHz 21dB
- Sweep testing 100% Sweep tested 5 MHz to 4.5 GHz