Electrical to Optical Transceivers Audio, Control The BC623 is a multi-format converter for use with broadcast analogue audio and control signals. Two bi-directional analogue audio signals are provided over 2 fibres. Additional control data and GPI signals are also transmitted over the same pair of fibres. The BC623 is ideally suited to linking audio intercom panels remotely over fibre. The BC623 can be supplied in multimode, singlemode and CWDM variations to suit all applications and is a perfect complement to the Bluebell BC Series modular interface system. All Bluebell cards are designed to retain maximum integrity of the signal path offering excellent jitter free optical transport. The BC623 occupies a single slot in the BC100-3RU 19" rack-mounting frame which can hold up to 15 single slot cards. Some BC Series processing cards have dual functionality allowing up to 30 channels of video to be transmitted or received from a single 3RU frame. Signal and card monitoring is achieved through SNMP monitoring in the BM102 network card. For applications requiring serial control data only the BN723 is available.
- Multi-format converter for use with broadcast analogue audio and control signals
- 2 x bi-directional analogue audio over 2 x fibres
- Bi-directional control data and GPI signal transmission
- Available in multimode, singlemode, WDM and CWDM variants
- Occupies a single slot in BC series 19″ rack mounting frames
- Connector: 44 pin D connector
2 x analogue audio1, 20 Hz– 20 kHz ± 0.3 dB
- Format: 2 x RS232 Bi-directional
2 x RS422/485 Bi-directional
2 x GPI Bi-directional
- Connector: 1 x female LC as standard per channel
TX wavelength and power plus receive sensitivity are defined by the SFP fitted
- Typical values are outlined below:
TX Power: -2 dBm @ 1310 nm (typical)
-2 dBm @ 1510 nm (typical)
0 dBm @ CWDM (typical)
- RX Wavelength: 1200-1610 nm
- RX Sensitivity: > -24 dBm @ 1.25 Gb/s
- Max I/P power: >-1dBm
General card specification
- Dimensions (HxWxD):60 x 20 4HP x 129mm 3RU (Excluding connectors)
- Weight: 100g
- Power: 3.5W
- No. of slots: 1
- EMI/RF: Complies with 89/336/EEC, EN55022B, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-4-(Level 2), EN61000-4-4FTB, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-11
- Electrical: Complies with EN61000-6-1, EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3, EN61000-6-4
- Laser safety: Dependent on SFP fitted. Complies with Class 1 laser product
- RoHS: Complies with Directive 2002/95/EC
- Warranty: 5 years
1Note: Audio is designed for talkback system with amplitude restricted to +6 dBu.
- BC623/M: Multimode Dual Fibre Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio, 2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over 2 fibres. Fitted with LC connectors. Includes PS12 power supply.
- BC623/S/13/WB: Singlemode Dual Fibre Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio,2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over 2 fibres. (1310 nm TX and Wideband receiver). Fitted with LC connectors. Includes PS12 power supply.