The BN623 is a compact stand-alone multi-format converter for use with broadcast analogue audio and control signals. Two bi-directional analogue audio signals are provided over 2 fibres. Additional control data and GPI signals are also transmitted over the same pair of fibres. The BN623 is ideally suited to linking audio intercom panels remotely over fibre. The BN623 can be supplied in multimode, singlemode and CWDM variations to suit all applications and is a perfect complement to the BC323, BC550 and BC323-63 modules. Power is provided by a DC source of 4.5 to 17V via a 4 pin XLR or the Bluebell PS12 in-line power adapter.
For applications requiring serial control data only the BN723 is available.
Image shown for illustrative purposes only.
- The BN623 is specifically designed to link remote panels in an intercom system back to the main central routing position.
- The robust design allows the unit to be deployed in OB or flypack applications.
- Can be supplied in multimode, singlemode, and CWDM variations to suit all applications, offering a perfect complement to the BC323, BC550, and C323-63 modules.
- Power can be supplied direct to the unit from the standard Bluebell PS12 or any readily available DC supply found on-site.
- A complimentary modular BC Series card is also available when a 19” rack-based solution is required.
- Connector: 44 pin D connector
2 x analogue audio1, 20 Hz– 20 kHz ± 0.3 dB
- Format: 2 x RS232 Bi-directional
2 x RS422/485 Bi-directional
2 x GPI Bi-directional
- Connector: 1 x female LC as standard per channel
TX wavelength and power plus receive sensitivity are defined by the SFP fitted
- Typical values are outlined below:
TX Power: -2 dBm @ 1310 nm (typical)
- 0 dBm @ CWDM (typical)
- RX Wavelength: 1200-1610 nm
- RX Sensitivity: > -24 dBm @ 1.25 Gb/s
- Max I/P power: >-1dBm
General card specification
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 30 x 64 x 92mm (Excluding connectors)
- Weight: 100g
- Power: 2.5W
- EMI/RF: Complies with 89/336/EEC, EN55022B, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-4-(Level 2), EN61000-4-4FTB, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-11
- Electrical: Complies with EN61000-6-1, EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-3, EN61000-6-4
- Laser safety: Dependent on SFP fitted. Complies with Class 1 laser product
- RoHS: Complies with Directive 2002/95/EC
- Warranty: 5 years
Note: audio is designed for talkback system – bandwidth 20Hz -20kHz with amplitude restricted to +6dBu. Supplied with mating D-Type connector parts.
For BN723 data only versions, replace BN623 with BN723
- BN623: Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Base Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio, 2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over fibre. No Optics Fitted. Includes PS12 power supply. Fitted with LC connectors.
- BN623/S/13/15: Singlemode Single Fibre Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio, 2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over 1 fibre. (1310 nm TX). Used in conjunction with BN623/S/15/13 as a matched pair. Fitted with LC connectors.Includes PS12 power supply.
- BN623/S/15/13: Singlemode Single Fibre Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio, 2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over 1 fibres. (1550 nm TX). Used in conjunction with BN623/S/13/15 as a matched pair. Fitted with LC connectors. Includes PS12 power supply.
BN623/S/CWDM/xx/WB: Singlemode Dual Fibre Audio and Data Fibre Optic Transceiver Module. Provides 2 x analogue audio, 2 x RS232, 2 x RS422/485 and 2 x GPI over 2 fibres. (CWDM TX and Wideband receiver). Fitted with LC connectors. Includes PS12 power supply.